Museums of Türkiye's historical and cultural capital, Istanbul.
As Türkiye’s most densely populated city, Istanbul is home to considerable percentage of fascinating museums and historical monuments. Türkiye's Statistical Institute (Türkiye İstatistik Kurumu) reported that there are more than 300 museums throughout the Türkiye. Most visited and wanted to visit museums are located in Istanbul, with more than 70 state and private museums uncovering a whole range of artifacts and offering the chance to explore the old city's rich history.
Istanbul’s most important monuments began to emerge in the Byzantine period and the city was then beautified further during the days of the Ottoman Empire era which reveal by magnificence, stability and wealth. For more than 1600 years Istanbul was the capital city of dignified empires like Roman, Byzantine and ultimately the Ottomans. Old city Istanbul was embellished respectively with imperial monuments and composed a metropolis where diverse cultures, nations and religions mixed. Those cultures, nations, traditions and religions are the texture of Istanbul which constituted by history of mankind.
You can visit below state museums with Istanbul pass which offered by city culture and tourism department. Istanbul's museums pose a glimpse into the rich culture of the ancient city and gives you a heart-warming welcome.
ENJOY TOP ISTANBUL MUSEUMS WITH FREE ADMISSION PASS
Save time, money and stress during your visit to Istanbul:
(1) Topkapi Palace Museum (Topkapı Sarayı Müzesi, Τοπ Καπί, Палата Топкапи, Palazzo Topkapi, トプカプ宮殿, قصر توبكابي).
(2) Istanbul Archaeology Museums (Next to Topkapi Palace Museum Complex).
(3) Turkish and Islamic Arts Museum (Across The Blue Mosque).
(4) Galata Tower Museum (Near Galata Mevlevi Museum).
(5) Great Palace Mosaics Museum (Byzantine Palace Mosaics – Near Blue Mosque).
(6) Rumeli Fortress Museum (Castle Next To 2nd Bridge of Bosphorus).
(7) Hagia Irene Museum (Inside The Topkapi Palace Museum's First Yard).
(8) Topkapı Palace Museum Harem Department (Inside The Topkapi Palace Museum).
(9) Galata Mevlevi Lodge Museum (Whirling Dervishes Museum – Near Galata Tower).
(10) Fethiye (Pammakaristos)Museum (Former Greek Orthodox Patriarchal Church).
(11) Museum of the History of Science and Technology in Islam (Inside The Gulhane Park).
(12) Adam Mickiewicz Museum (Historic house museum dedicated to the life of Adam Mickiewicz, renowned Polish poet).
Istanbul Museum Pass offers additional discounts from private museums to various tourist attractions across the city.